Thursday, September 25, 2008

Am I Becoming A Morning Person?!?

Something is wrong with me. I have been waking up early - sometimes too early - and I've been able to get up and going long before the children wake up. I used to savor the time I had after they went to bed - in fact, I savored it so much I often ended up staying awake until the middle of the night. But something must have happened to me when I turned 40 because when I see 9 or 10 pm my body insists on going to bed. And if it reaches 11pm my body thinks it's exhaustified. Hmm - there must be a correllation between going to bed early and waking up early...

This morning I woke up and thought it was still the middle of the night. Nope - 6am. I thought I smelled coffee so I went to the kitchen to investigate - I figured Kyle had made some earlier when he left for his 5am shift at work. Nope, no hot coffee. Oh well, I just went ahead and made some and right now I am enjoying it (with flavored creamer - French Vanilla - I might add.)

I think perhaps one other reason I'm able to be so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning is that I am feeling so much better after having lost 75 pounds. I am off 2 of the 3 blood pressure medications I was on and I'm going off the third. I can take a walk or bike ride without needing oxygen, I don't get sluggishly tired every afternoon, and I am sleeping so much better (less snoring). The health benefits have been so wonderful. I do need to keep losing, still have a ways to go. Over the summer months my weight loss has slowed but that's to be expected. I'll get there - I've come too far to turn back now!

Besides Mr. OneMore, I have a friend coming over today so we need to get some housecleaning done this morning. Sometimes I feel woefully inadequate when I am having company over. Okay, most times I feel woefully inadequate. I often say that if you are coming to visit me, drop in anytime. (You might wanna call first, I am a tad busy with all these kids.) If you are coming to see my house, give me a 24 hour notice. And if you inspect the closets or under the furniture you'll find something, all right. If you have the audacity to bring a white-glove mentality, I'll bust your kneecaps, at least in my mind I will anyway. Because I've had a white-glove house - BC that is. Before Children. I can still clean like that, it just doesn't stay that way for more than, oh, an Olympic minute. I get my living room all nice and neat, dusted and vacuumed and decorated and lovely - and out come the Magentix and My Little Pony set and the Lincoln Logs. This is why I have home decorating magazines - I can see what those fancy living rooms are supposed to look like. But when I pine away for something like that, then I hear my Mom's voice saying, "You're gonna miss those smudgy fingerprints and sticky Koolaid splashes and toys on the floor sooner than you think!" My dear Mom was the epitome of the 50's housewife. Spotless, beautifully decorated house, incredible meals, able to sew or craft anything - yet when I visited her and Dad in their new Arizona home with my first baby when she was just 9-months old, Mom left the smudges from her pudgy fists on the floor-length bedroom mirror for a very long time. She could not bear to wash it off - she was so overjoyed to have my baby girl in her house!

Well, I reckon I need to waken the troops soon. We have a busy day ahead of us, today is Math, Spelling, Geography/Social Studies/History, and probably some Grammar. (I love diagramming sentences. Seriously.) Oh, and Homemaking 101. I might even bake a loaf of bread today - I found a recipe that my family loves. They can devour a loaf so quickly it's shocking. I wonder if there is an Olympic event for that?

Have a dandy day ~ Beth ~

No comments: