Thursday, July 24, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog

This blog probably reaches a whopping grand total of 3 people, which is fine with me. I write because it is therapeutic for me and I love words. Just ask anyone who tries to talk to me on the phone! Or in person for that matter. You might find yourself fighting to get a word in edgewise when having a conversation with me! I think that is what happens to Moms when they spend the majority of their time with kids. We get with another adult and *poof* - we can't stop talking!

I often wonder with this blog, since I'm not actually conversing with someone, what topics are off-limits? I wrote in a previous blog that "I won't sugar-coat this blog" but unless you live with me 24/7 (I know, scary thought) you are not really going to know what I am truly like. It's funny when people meet me, and because we have a child with a disability, they automatically assume I am this wonderful mother. Hee, hee, hee,hee - I know the truth, neener, neener, neener!! I usually end up telling them that it's not me that is wonderful -it's our Peanut. She's the reason our family has anything unique or special about it.

So, how much can I reveal in a blog? I can tell you what I HOPE I am, what I ASPIRE to become. Or I can be REAL and tell you that we are having a very lazy morning, we all slept in after a late night last night, and I am still in my robe at 11:00 in the morning!!

This weekend we need to get a few projects done around the house, as always, but one additional thing is to work on a couple of dressers we have been given. I need to sand and spray-paint two of the dressers, and I also need to polish up a vintage vanity we were given this week. I'm so excited!! I plan to put it in Peachie's room - it has a large mirror and a small bench as well. I saw a show where they used an instant coffee-stain finish to darken the lighter spots that have worn down on the wood, so I plan to try that. I'll let you know how it turns out. Otherwise I might try a crackle-paint finish, the wood is a veneer so I'm not sure how that would work.

Well, I need to finish my coffee (the coffee pot died this morning, so we boiled coffee on the stove and filtered it - VERY STRONG STUFF!) and of course get dressed. All the daily duties are calling my name. I've been keeping a close eye on Peanut today, she is getting sick and has been in my room all morning. :( Hopefully it is just a cold - but she sounds pretty congested to me. And when she gets sick she is like Kyle - she never goes halfway. She goes down.

So, please say a prayer for Peanut to recover quickly, and I hope you have a good weekend spending time with the ones you love the most.

In His Care ~ Beth ~

2 comments:

Prairie Dwellers At Heart said...

I love your blog!
and I too have been known to be
in my PJ's close to Noon...YIKES!

Don't give me FLUFF I prefer REAL
people.

Most Sincerely,
The PD's

Martha said...

Hi Beth,

Reader number 2 reporting here. LOL

I have debated this 'to blog' thing too. I like honest - and yet I have been to some blogs that are so honest - it is discouraging. I decided awhile back that I would have the theme of my blog be edifying. I can be honest - and be edifying. Yet, in some honesty it would be best to keep it to myself because absoulty no one would be edified. I hope my blog is not one of those "fluff" blogs - but I do try to keep things spiritually uplifing and encouraging.

I like you blog and read often - but find myself without time to comment as much as I would like. Keep writing I will keep reading.

Blessings,
~Martie