Friday, July 18, 2008

Family News

Well, it's almost the weekend and I'm sitting here taking a break and drinking an iced coffee I made in the blender. I'm waiting for Peachie to come back from CAP encampment this evening. I've missed her and it's going to be good to have her home again. Initially she was going to stay just through Tuesday but they decided to let her stay a few extra days.

I've got a venison roast in the crockpot for supper with onions, mushrooms, carrots and celery. I'm trying another recipe in the breadmaker, it's been hit and miss with my breadmaker venture. PeeWee seems to like the bread no matter how it turns out though! I'm fascinated with my bread machine. I love to watch it knead the dough, and I love the smell as it rises and bakes. Peaches said, "I love it when you make bread, Mom. It smells like home."

I have not heard from Pickles all week, so I'm assuming that no news is good news. He is probably loving every minute of encampment. He's been enamoured with the military since he was a toddler. He used to hyperventilate when he saw soldiers in uniform. After the flood of '97 when the National Guardsmen were deployed to our area, he looked at them as his heroes. It's his hope to join the Air Force - we'll see what God has in store for him. He needs to grow up first. And even when he grows up I tell him he'll always be his "Mama's a-baby boy!!" (said with an Italian accent, of course! and a pinch on his cheek, which usually elicits an "Oh, Moooommmm!!" from him.)

Well, I need to check on the three little ones who are playing outside and then get some laundry folded. Why do I hate folding laundry? I won't tell you how many loads I have to fold, but it's a lot. I can get them washed and dried - but folding, that is my downfall. So is washing cups and silverware!! I don't mind the pots, pans and dishes - so usually I just have one of the kids finish the cups and silverware! ;)

Have a fabulous weekend ~ Beth ~

No comments: