Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blog Block

I DID IT AGAIN. I thought of The Most Clever Blog Title Ever but did not write it down. I know now what I need to do - I need a Blackberry. Then I can blog whenever the inspiration hits me and these things won't flee from my brain faster than a...faster than a....faster than.......Huh. I forgot what I was going to say.

Anyway yesterday evening I had to take Thing 5 to the clinic - he'd been coughing and was starting to get "punkier" by the minute. I did not like the sound and look of his respirations and he had a low-grade temp. Wouldn't you know it, he's come down with pneumonia too. I'm not sure why these nasty bugs have decided to roost in our household this past month, but today I'm fighting back. Echinacea, garlic, vitamin C, lots of fluids, and lots of prayer. Thing 5 also had to start up nebulizer treatments again - his oxygen levels were low and he was laboring to breathe. I do not like the albuterol nebulizer treatments, as they make him quite hyper, but so far we have not had to start the steroids. The doctor did prescribe some in case he worsened but he is doing much better. I'm thankful for that because those steroids make him so miserable, he literally squirms uncontrollably - and his emotions are in super high gear for a couple days. Hopefully he'll be able to kick this bug on its hinder with some good rest and lots of TLC. Plus I'm disinfecting the house as much as I can. I am eager to be able to throw open the windows with some warmer weather and really give the house a good airing out. With breathing issues I have to be very careful what kind of cleaning products I use. Once it is warmer I'll send the kids to the park one of these days and really do some deep cleaning with the lysol and bleach.

Tomorrow we'll be celebrating the Risen Saviour and I plan to make a big ham dinner. I bought a huge ham, which I'll throw in the oven with my brother-in-law's favorite glaze - a can of cherry pie filling. Yum. I also plan to make cheesy green beans, a white cake with pink vanilla frosting and pastel sprinkles (very spring-like) and of course potatoes and my homemade bread. As Rachel Ray says, "Yum-O!"

'Scuse me while I go clean the drool off my keyboard...

No comments: