Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recipe Time!

Hey kids! It's recipe time!

On Sunday I made my (infamous? notorious?) Taco Chili for the Teen Singsperation. I often get asked for this recipe so I thought I would share it here with you. Keep in mind that we have a big family - so I make a huge batch of this. You might want to scale down or freeze the excess.

Taco Chili

3 lbs. hamburger
1 large onion
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large can corn
1 small can black beans
1 huge can kidney beans (I like to use the gallon-sized can, but sometimes these are hard to find.)
4 packets taco seasoning - you might want to add more according to your taste

Brown the hamburger and onion, drain, add taco seasoning and water according to directions on seasoning packets. Put into large stock or soup pot, and dump in all the canned stuff (no draining necessary). Add extra water if desired - I usually don't because we like it thick. Heat it up, let it simmer, serve with sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, black olives, flour or corn tortillas, hot sauce - whatever your little heart desires.

This recipe is what I call a "no-brainer" because it is almost fool-proof - and so easy! You can use ground turkey or shredded chicken in place of hamburger, you can add any kind of beans you like, or even rice. Throw it in the pot! Use up those leftovers! Enjoy!!

If you have a recipe to share, post it. Especially if it is as easy as this one!

No comments: