Friday, June 26, 2009

How's it going?

You know, I ask people that a lot. "How's it going?" So I thought I would update my blog today and inform all two readers (lol!) how it's going on the Grove Family Homestead.

We planted green peppers, onions, two kinds of tomatoes, (can anyone say "salsa"?) and lots of flowers. I was bit by the gardening bug and I will not look back. I enjoy checking on all my plants and seeing the progress. I swear I can sometimes see the onions growing, they are coming up so fast! And my tomatoes already have blooms. I'm tempted to eat the leaves, I'm so eager for a taste of garden-fresh tomatoes!! I did lose one pepper plant when the dog decided to park her rump on it one day. :( Rest in peace, little pepper plant. I shall always remember you.

The summer days have been flying by at a jet-fast pace since I started my job. I'm enjoying the work and I'm very thankful our whole family has been getting in step with our new schedule. I work for 2 to 3 days a week, and usually the kids are alone for just one day a week. I'm glad the manager was willing to schedule me on the days that Kyle is home, for the most part. The work itself is very hard, but very rewarding. I'm in housekeeping now, so I am responsible for lots of cleaning, some laundry and serving two meals per shift. Soon I hope to be training in as a Home Health Aide, and then I'll be working more directly with the residents. I'm also getting to help fill-in for the Activities Director, which means that basically I get paid to go to work to play games and do activities with the residents! When Kyle and Things 1 and 2 are gone in July I will be filling in while the Activities Director is on vacation - and I'll get to bring Things 3,4 and 5 with me to work! The kids have been helping with games and activities for a couple weeks now, and they love it. Our whole family has been volunteering some of our time as well. We put together a patriotic presentation for Flag Day and the residents loved it.

On a sad note, two years ago today my dear Mother passed away. I still miss her very much.

On a happy note, I got to see my darling niece Cherith last week when a friend graciously asked me to ride along with her when she went to the cities. And I have great news! Cherith will be coming home soon. Her progress has been so wonderful, we are thanking and praising God for how far she has come.

Well, I'm off to run some errands, head to Wal-Mart (Can I get an "Amen!"?) and then drop Things 1&2 off with Kyle so they can head to a CAP activity in Western ND tonight and tomorrow. I'll have to think of some fun stuff to keep Things 3,4&5 busy while they are gone.

I hope things are going well for you and yours!!

Elizabeth Ann

No comments: