Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010!


The Grove Family, taken in 1960 :)


Merry Christmas 2010

My humans have so much stuff on their to-do list that they told me to write the letter this Christmas. They have no idea how hard it is to type without thumbs, but since they are in charge of the food and water around here I had no choice but to obey. What’s a dog gonna do?

First of all, my Master has been home much more this year since he started raising those things that swim around in the rectangular glass boxes. He pays a lot of attention to them, which kind of annoys me, but since I don’t have to share my doggie bed with them I don’t mind all that much.

The Master’s lady comes and goes; she is usually in quite a hurry it seems, especially when that black box beeps. She volunteers with the Hawley rescue squad. I heard her tell my fellow pack members that she only has a couple years left to go until she gets to be a nurse. She works some now with people who have special needs and she spends a lot of time with the Leader of my pack, teaching my fellow pack members stuff from these books and the computer. She pets me a lot and if I give her a high-five, she will give me a treat. In return I sit at her feet a lot and I am always faithful to bark when those annoying squirrels invade the yard. I know she really appreciates it when I do that because she’ll yell my name.

The oldest pack member, Alicia, is very busy with her last year of school. She’s following in her Mother’s paw prints and is studying to become an EMT. She went on her first ride-along last week with F-M ambulance and she was very excited when she came home. She still works at the grocery store and if I’m a good doggie she shares the stash of food she always keeps in her purse.

My boy Mitchell also works at the grocery store, and sometimes he gets to go on rides with the humans in uniform that work with my K-9 friend, Benny. He’s been on some exciting rides with both the police and sheriff departments. Someday Mitchell hopes to wear one of those uniforms. I just hope I will get to be his K-9 dog.

The middle pack member, Kaylee, still likes to write a lot in notebooks, watch Dora the Explorer, and play games on the Mama’s computer. She also sings and pretends she is a Disney Princess and she has imaginary friends. It doesn’t bother me – I’m used to the humans around here talking to themselves.

Jessica, pack member #4, has a lot of friends in the neighborhood and is always hosting tea parties. She’s becoming a terrific little babysitter and the neighborhood parents love her because she is great with small children. (Kinda like me!) She babysits at the local MOPS group with Alicia once a week, and she sometimes volunteers at Hawley Senior Living too. The Mama says that Jessica is her right-hand-man, and she would not know what to do without her help.

My youngest boy Justin sometimes annoys me but usually he shapes up when I growl at him. He’s gotten a lot taller this year and he follows my oldest boy around a lot. He is usually busy playing with legos, matchbox cars, playdough or making something out of the craft supplies the Mama always has to buy. Recently he used all her tinfoil to make different shaped animals and he even made the Mama a flower. It bugs her when he uses up all the tape, which is usually the same day that she buys it! Right now she can’t even finish wrapping all the Christmas presents!

Well, my humans and I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy 2011!

Love, Maggie

Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)
6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

No comments: