Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School

We officially started school again yesterday. I just love that fresh, new feeling at the beginning of the school year. New crayons, pencils, notebooks, glue, pens, scissors, rulers, pens, erasers, backpacks - it's all such fun!

This will also be Peachie's Senior year.

She will be 18 the end of October, and after graduation she plans to attend Master's Baptist College in Fargo, and she is also hoping to train as an EMT and possibly later on as a Paramedic.

My babies are all growing up. Sometimes I am thrilled with anticipation for their futures, other times I am sad there are no little ones in our home any more.

Which brings me to my next topic - we are applying to be a foster family. So much needs to go into the application that it's going to take awhile, but we continue to hear that call of the need for families who are willing to take in children, and possibly even adopt them. It is my hope that we will get a toddler boy and an infant girl. Does this sound crazy? If so, then that just confirms what you have always suspected of us...

I would ask that you pray for us as we head in this direction, that God will lead us to a child or children who needs our family.

1 comment:

Martha said...

We will be praying. That is how God added to our family. I think this is great news!